Sr. Assay Development Scientist: Biology
= While this position is not currently open, we’ve left the posting here so you can see the kind of scinetists we’re looking for. If you think wee need to see your resume, then by all means apply, at the very least we’ll keep your resume on file in case we repon the position in the near future.+
Sharp Edge Labs is seeking experienced biologists to join our team of Drug Discovery scientists. You will be part of a small and growing company where everyone’s efforts matter. We work hard, we have fun, we are always asking the killer questions, and we work on diseases with serious unmet need. Be part of something important, build your science chops in a critical area of disease biology (protein trafficking), and make a difference.
We’re looking for a molecular cell biologist with the following skills
– MS/PhD in Biological Sciences
– Extensive Experience in the creation, manipulation, and characterization of stem cells and their differentiation. Work with patient-derived cells is a plus.
– Extensive experience in intracellular staining and localization of proteins, and quantifying cellular localization and trafficking.
– Experience in mammalian cell culture.
– Experience in modern molecular biology methods (cloning, PCR, Gibson assembly, genome editing).
– Experience developing stable engineered cell-lines.
– Experience in an industrial lab setting producing data interdisciplinary teams under specific timelines a significant plus.
The ideal candidate will also:
–Have 3-5 years post-graduate experience (we’re happy to have more experienced scientists apply)
– Enjoy working independently, and as part of ad-hoc teams (multiple matrixed teams).
– Be comfortable in an environment of rapid growth, and of small company constraints.
– Be able to give and take constructive criticism.
– Have all modern computer skills and be comfortable using Cloud-based services.
– Strong skills in statistical analysis of biological data to pressure-test quality, validity and significance.
– Be able to write and speak effectively with other team members, in written publications, and in public presentations.
– Have watched all of Breaking Bad.
– Have other interests. Interesting people bring useful perspective.
What you’ll be doing:
The job will involves assay development for our Drug Discovery Lead programs. This means validating the functional trafficking activity of compounds in patient-derived cells, and developing and performing assays that can be used to drive medicinal chemistry programs forward (dose responses, and selectivity assays). Assay methods include organelle labeling, immunofluorescence, live-cell imaging and quantitative western blotting.
Sharp Edge Labs is located in Pittsburgh’s South Side, and is near to Carnegie Mellon University and University of Pittsburgh. While we are looking to “hire local” we will consider relocation for especially qualified candidates.
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, reference: SrBio2017, please also include a link to your LinkedIn profile. If you have another work-related social profile you’d like to share, that would be great too.